Friday, October 2, 2009

My Poor Babies...

Well the kids are really sick. Both of them were tested for the flu, and M's came back positive for Influenza A. C's did not, but the doctor said it had to be a false negative as he got if from M. Influenza A = N1H1 Swine Flu! UGH!!! I also caught the kids bug, so this means I have it too! DOUBLE UGH!!!

M has been sick since Saturday, battling 100 plus temperatures, sleeping most of the days, barely eating and drinking. From our doctors appointment on Monday to today (Thursday) she lost three pounds, 50.6 lbs to 48.6 lbs. The doctor said there is not much that can be done now other than treat the systems. The flu can last 7 to 10days. Getting her to stay hydrated has been a battle, and I hate to confess I had to threaten to take her to the ER to get her to drink. Tomorrow will be the 7th day and I sure hope it is a turning point for her. Nothing breaks my heart more to see my little girl crying cause her tummy hurts and there's nothing I can do. It's days like this I never realized being a mom can be so heart wrenching. But it's all better when she grabs my arm when were are sleeping and says "Love you mama" and then falls right back to sleep.

Mikey Jr. on the other had seems to be rebounding much better. He has been eating and drinking less than usual, but not enough to reduce his energy. He is sleeping a lot more, taking random naps on our laps and the sofa, and is definitely cranky and letting us know it. As long has is fever does not spike again tomorrow, I think he will be on the road to recovery. Although I can't complain cause he's been such a mama's boy this week since I have been home, wanting hugs, cuddles and kisses (then the little stinker wipes them away and giggles!).

Here's wishing a healthier and happier Friday!

No comments: