Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I have to say there is just something about a long weekend I love... extra time with the kids, time to run errands, get extra things done. Or at least that's how it starts....

On the 4th we went over to Grandma's house and took her out to lunch. Afterwards, we went home and Grammy, Pa, and Esie came over to swim and have dinner.

IMG_7242 edited blog

IMG_7240 edited blog

IMG_7260 edited blog

IMG_7262 edited blog

That night M went home with them for a sleep over and guess who slept the night, yes C!!!

Saturday morning we went out and bought a new rug for the family room, something we had been meaning to do for years. That night Esie brought M back home and let Mike and I go out on a date. We went to the Keg for dinner and then went to see the movie Hancock. It was nice to get out and not have to cut up someones food (Mike has really progressed with his eating skills, ha ha). We came home around 9:30 and both kids greeted us.

Sunday Esie and I took C and M for pictures. C need his 1 year pictures taken and M needed some new ones too. I will post them later, they turned out so cute. So, we did get a lot done over the long weekend, but it just seemed to go by so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys were able to have a date night. That was long over due !!! = )Karen

Danielle said...

Hi!!! It's me!!! And guess what?! I have 2 of those same exact pictures!!! Mom sent them to me. And why did you see Hancock? I thought it looks scary. You guys should've seen the new Kit movie. Now that's my kind of movie!!!
P.S. Those pictures of Madi and Coley from pictures were SO TOTALLY CUTE!! I put Madi's picture as my desktop on my computer!!
Love and miss you guys,
you know who